Ms. Cubillo is the founder of NWA Marriage and Family Therapy, offering Marriage and Family Therapy as well as Individual Counseling in a private clinical practice setting. Practice includes all types of couples, individuals, families with offices in Fayetteville, Bella Vista and Ft. Smith, Arkansas
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) #M1601001
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) #P1601002
- EMDR Level One and Two Training
- Technology Specialization License, through the Arkansas Board of Examiners in Counseling
- American Association of Marriage & Family Therapists (AAMFT),
- Arkansas Mental Health Counseling Association (ARMHCA)
- American Counseling Association (ACA).
Arkansas requires yearly continued education credits as well as peer review as part of a therapist’s ongoing professional training. The AAMFT and the ACA code of ethical conduct as well as best practices are followed.
- John Brown University M.S., Community Counseling and Marriage and Family Therapy,
- Certified Yoga Instructor-200 Hour Level One
- De Paul University, Chicago, Juris Doctor, Trained as a Mediator.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.A. in Sociology, equivalent of a minor in French.
Ms. Cubillo has attended, participated, worked as a volunteer or co-led the following professional training workshops and seminars:
Imago Couple’s Workshop, Dr. Dave & Margie McKeaon, (20hours), AAMFT Annual Conference , Dr. Pat Love Relational Lectures. Yoga, Mindfulness and Compassion, Clinical Interventions for Anxiety Depression, workshop by Dr. Mary Nurrie Stearns, 11th Annual International Erickson Conference Approaches to Hypnosis & Psychotherapy, Steven Frankel Law & Ethics Seminar, Hypnotherapy techniques and demonstrations by Jeffery Zeig, Michael Yapko, Bill O’Hanlon, and Steven Gilligan. Arkansas Chapter Association for Treatment of Sex Offenders Conference, Dr. Anna C. Salter, 2012 Erickson Couples Counseling Conference. 2013 Evolution of Psychotherapy Conference.
Participated in conducting Couples Communication Collaborative Marriage Skills Group Workshop, with Steven Seward. Co-led a Boundaries, 8 Week Psycho Education Group, with Steven Seward.
Special emphasis in couples, infidelity, emotional trauma, anxiety , stress, empty nest, midlife issues, healthy self esteem, boundaries, special food sensitivities, multiple chemicals sensitivities (MCS), chronic fatigue, intestinal issues and other invisible illnesses, that can lead to emotional difficulties.
Yoga integration for interested clients, as a tool to improve relaxation, release trauma, create improved connection with mind, body, spirit, and/or to increase overall health.
Multi-cultural perspective, that welcomes people from all cultures and beliefs, with an ability to understand people’s similarities as well as their uniqueness, having lived overseas.
Past experience in two community mental health non-profit clinics in Arkansas seeing couples, individuals, families as well as doing play therapy. Experienced with a variety of mental health issues that most affect these groups, including depression, anxiety, marital and couples issues as well as parenting and family issues.
Earlier work as a Guardian Ad Litum, Legal Aid Intern, Investigator Dept. of Labor, Program Coordinator, Teacher and T.E.A.M.S. Instructor with high risk teens through Northeastern Illinois University’s, Drop Out Prevention Program in Chicago.
Other Achievements and Interests:
- Master Gardner, University of Arkansas Agricultural Extension, Interest in organic sustainable horticulture, composting and permaculture.
- Linda Mood Bell Spelling Instructor Training
- Outward Bound Leadership School – Colorado
Ms. Cubillo enjoys learning and developing as a counselor and brings this enthusiasm to her practice, believing “now” is the best time to start with your authentic connection to your heart, your life and to others around you. Ms. Cubillo lives in Fayetteville and looks forward to collaboratively working with you.